How to convert airtel postpaid to prepaid
|Airtel Postpaid customers can easily switch to Prepaid. However, they will need to visit an Airtel Store to do this. It has a strong presence in India and offers postpaid as well as prepaid services to Indian data-consuming subscribers. Airtel Postpaid subscribers receive monthly bills detailing their expenses. Prepaid subscribers must pay in advance to access data and other benefits. It is easy to recharge prepaid plans or pay postpaid bills. This can be done via the Airtel Thanks app, as well as third-party apps such Paytm and Freecharge. The process of switching from postpaid to prepaid can be complicated and not all people are familiar with it.|
For those Airtel subscribers who wish to shift from postpaid to prepaid, we have prepared a step-by-step guide on how to make the switch.
Steps to Switch from Postpaid to Prepaid
Visit the nearest Airtel store and fill in a postpaid to prepaid migration form. Submit the form along with other necessary documents. After submitting the form, pay the dues (if any). You will receive an OTP on your number to complete the verification of the process. Once the verification is done, your prepaid services will be activated after two hours. You will have to do an FRC recharge in the store.
- If you want to transfer the balance from Airtel postpaid to prepaid, you have to dial the Airtel USSD code *141# for the balance transfer. A menu will appear on your screen showing various options like share talk time, take loan/ ask for talk time, gift pack, buy happy hour and lastly, help. Click on ‘share talk time’ by pressing 1 and tap on ‘Send.’
- Postpaid is for those people who are involved in a business or a job where frequent calling is needed or a person who makes 50+ calls per day. Or you are too rich to worry about a postpaid bill.
How to change from Airtel postpaid service to Airtel Prepaid
You will need to visit an Airtel Store to make the switch from Airtel postpaid to prepaid. In the past, you had to bring identification and proof of address to verify your identity to shop. However, Airtel now offers an OTP process which makes it easy to switch to pre-paid. It is important to know that all data rollover benefits and any data collected over a time period will be lost. All Airtel Thanks app benefits that were given to postpaid customers will be lost as well. To be eligible to switch to prepaid, users must have been on Airtel postpaid service for at least 30 days. These are the steps you need to follow in order to become an Airtel prepaid subscriber.
- An Airtel postpaid subscriber must visit an Airtel Store to begin the switching process. To locate the nearest Airtel offline store, head here.
- You can ask the customer service representative at the store to assist you. The representative will need you to complete a postpaid-to-prepaid migration form. Complete the form with all details and send it to the representative.
- After the form has been submitted, the representative will inform you about any remaining dues. This includes the last bill as well as the pro-rata amount. Please pay your dues to Airtel Sore if you haven’t paid your dues.
- After all, dues have been paid and the form has been submitted, the representative will request that the payment be prepaid.
- Once you have received an OTP, the representative will verify your number. After that, an SMS will be sent to your mobile to confirm that Your postpaid to prepaid shift request was received.
- The activation of the shift from prepaid to prepaid should take around two hours. Airtel customers will need to recharge their FRC at the store.
- After the switch to prepaid is completed, users can recharge their SIM later with the Airtel Thanks app.